Promenade Closure
Permanent closure of the towpath and promenade path along the Rhine below the Pfaffendorf bridge from the wine village to the castle steps.
Learn more
Der Florinsmarkt in Koblenz ©Koblenz-Touristik GmbH

The Florinsmarkt

Politics meets business: This is where the music played.

The Florinskirche

The Florinsmarkt was in ancient times the political and economic center of the city of Koblenz.

It owes its name to the Florinskirche, which together with the old "Kauf und Danzhaus", the "Schöffenhaus" and the "Bürresheimer Hof" forms an ensemble of four historic buildings, which is one of the most beautiful groups of buildings in the city.

Learn more about the Florinskirche
Die Florinskirche in Koblenz bei blauem Himmel ©Koblenz-Touristik GmbH
The old Kauf- und Danzhaus
The old "Kauf- und Danzhaus" was built in 1419 in Gothic style and rebuilt in the 17th/18th century. In the process it received baroque elements. Merchants whose ships were moored on the banks of the Moselle offered their goods here in the cellar, and meetings and festivities were held on the remaining floors.
Learn more
Altes Kauf- und Danzhaus in Koblenz neben dem gotischen Schöffenhaus ©Koblenz-Touristik GmbH
The eye roller
Under the tower clock, which was installed in 1724, you can see the "eye roller", which moves its eyes back and forth in time with the clock's pendulum and sticks out its tongue every full and half hour.
Der Koblenzer Augenroller unter einer Uhr an der Wand ©Koblenz-Touristik GmbH, Augenroller
Bekleidet Stadtführer:innen stehen auf dem Jesuitenplatz in Koblenz bei Nacht ©Koblenz-Touristik GmbH, Picture Colada
Guided tour: Thieves, crooks and scoundrels
Immerse yourself in the dark judicial and criminal history of the city of Koblenz. The circumstances of trials of the time as well as the Reichsprogromnacht and the accompanying destruction throughout the city are also thematized.
The gothic house of aldermen
Right next to the old department store, the Gothic Schöffenhaus was built in 1530. Here met the aldermen of the city court, whose task was to supervise the coins and weights. Until the 18th century, the town pillory was located in front of the court house. in 1965, the house, which was destroyed in the war, was reconstructed.

To the left of the Old Merchant's House is the Bürresheimer Hof, built in 1659, which owes its name to its then (1714) owners, the von Breitbach-Bürresheim family.
Gotisches Schöffenhaus in Koblenz ©Koblenz-Touristik GmbH, Thomas Frey

In September 2013, the GÖRLITZ Foundation acquired all municipal buildings around the square. The ensemble at Florinsmarkt is to become a cultural and guest house across all buildings.

More information