info
Koblenz Seilbahn starts the main season on March 1
From March 1, 2024, the Koblenz Seilbahn will once again run daily from Konrad-Adenauer-Ufer in the direction of Festung Ehrenbreitstein.
Learn more
arrow-forward
close
info
Municipal flea market on 13.04.2024.
The municipal flea market is back. Advance sales from 02.03.2024 at 12.00 noon
Learn more
arrow-forward
close
info
Closure of Promenadenweg
Permanent closure of the towpath and promenade path along the Rhine below the Pfaffendorf bridge from Weindorf to the castle steps
Learn more
arrow-forward
close
Seitenansicht vom Weindorf in Koblenz  ©Koblenz-Touristik GmbH

The Weindorf

From exhibition site to attraction for tourists.

The Weindorf Koblenz was created in 1925 on the occasion of the "Reichsausstellung Deutscher Wein". The exhibition took place as part of the celebrations for the 1,000th anniversary of the Rhineland. Four stylistically different buildings had been erected for the exhibition, which were modeled on typical winegrowers' houses from the German winegrowing regions. Here, the individual wine-growing regions and wine producers presented their wine products during the Imperial Exhibition. Originally built only for the duration of the exhibition, Weindorf soon became so popular that it was permanently preserved as a tourist attraction.

During World War II, the Weindorf was destroyed in an air raid and rebuilt in its current, slightly simplified form in 1951. During this time, a "miniature vineyard" was created behind the Koblenz Weindorf. With just 750 vines on 1,500 square meters, the "Schnorbach Brückstück" is still the smallest registered single vineyard in all of Germany. Today, the winegrowers' village is all about gastronomy. In the wine houses you can dine in style or get to know the Koblenz customs in a very rustic way.
More information about the Weindorf
Weindorf am Rhein ©(c) Koblenz-Touristik GmbH
More about wine culture in Koblenz

The Visit-Koblenz Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter now and stay up to date