info
Closure of Promenadenweg
Permanent closure of the towpath and promenade path along the Rhine below the Pfaffendorf bridge from Weindorf to the castle steps
Learn more
arrow-forward
close
Skyline von Koblenz gesehen vom Moselufer mit mehreren Kirchtürmen ©Koblenz-Touristik GmbH, Dominik Ketz

Churches in Koblenz

A city where faith is a tradition!

Liebfrauenkirche
Built on the highest point of the city, Liebfrauenkirche was the main parish church in Koblenz from the late Middle Ages until the French Revolution. Its origins date back to the 5th century, when the Franks settled in
Read more about Liebfrauenkirche
Blick auf die Liebfrauenkirche mit Sonnenstrahlen hinter einem nebenstehenden Baum ©Koblenz-Touristik GmbH, Dominik Ketz
Basilika St. Kastor
The Basilika St. Kastor is the oldest preserved church in Koblenz. Consecrated in 836, the collegiate church was the scene of important historical events. St. Castor's Abbey was a meeting place and place of arbitration for emperors and kings and their descendants. The Romanesque church was the...
Read more about Basilika St. Kastor
Ansicht der Basilika St. Kastor aus Richtung Blumenhof ©Koblenz-Touristik GmbH, Dominik Ketz
Florinskirche
Built around 1100, Florinskirche once belonged to the canons' monastery of St. Florin and is now a Protestant parish church in the city center.

After French revolutionary troops occupied Koblenz in 1794, St. Florin was secularized in 1803 and used as a magazine. At Napoleon's instigation, the Florinskirche was even...
Read more about Florinskirche
Die Florinskirche in Koblenz bei blauem Himmel ©Koblenz-Touristik GmbH
Herz-Jesu-Kirche
Built at the beginning of the 20th century, Herz-Jesu-Kirche in Koblenz is one of the most important neo-Romanesque sacred buildings in Germany. The church was built between 1900 and 1903 according to plans by Ludwig Becker, who later became the master builder of Mainz Cathedral. The consecration of the Herz-Jesu-Kirche...
Read more about Herz-Jesu-Kirche
Frontansicht der Herz-Jesu-Kirche in Koblenz ©Koblenz-Touristik GmbH
Kapelle St. Martin
Inaugurated in 2009, Kapelle St. Martin is located in Südallee at the side entrance of the Ev. Stift St. Martin. The eight by four meter window of the chapel, designed by the renowned artist and rector of the Düsseldorf Art Academy Prof. Dr. Markus Lüpertz, is particularly worth seeing. It depicts the chapel's patron saint on his horse and lends the chapel an extraordinary atmosphere.
Read more about Kapelle St. Martin
Glasmalerei in der Kapelle St. Martin mit Reihenbestuhlung ©Koblenz-Touristik GmbH

The Visit-Koblenz Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter now and stay informed about new experiences!