Built on the highest point of the city, Liebfrauenkirche was the main parish church of Koblenz from the late Middle Ages until the French Revolution. Its beginnings date back to the 5th century, when the Franks built a place of worship in a previous Roman building. Using the foundations, it was rebuilt and extended several times.
The onion domes, built in the 17th century, destroyed in 1944 and restored in 1955, characterize the silhouette of Koblenz Altstadt.
Worth knowing: The Liebfrauenkirche has a number of important exhibits from the period between the 15th and 18th centuries.