Built around 1100, Florinskirche once belonged to the canonical monastery of St. Florin and is now a Protestant parish church in the city center.
After French Revolutionary troops occupied Koblenz in 1794, St. Florin was secularized in 1803 and used as a magazine. At Napoleon's instigation, the Florinskirche was even to be converted into a municipal slaughterhouse with stalls.
But this did not happen: after the Prussians took over the city, King Frederick William III transferred the building to the Protestant military and civil congregation. in 1820, the Florinskirche was consecrated as a Protestant parish church and was thus the first Protestant church building in Koblenz.